Today the field of biosimilars presents several important challenges – safety, regulatory, legal and financial – which are the topic of discussion across the globe. Most of these discussions stem from the idea that, unlike the relatively straightforward process of introducing a generic equivalent to an original drug based on a new chemical entity, the process of introducing a biosimilar to an original biological drug is more complex. Indeed, finding the right policy prescription for the creation of a “biosimilar framework” has become a daunting task.
In particular, this workshop will focus on the following aspects:
- Managing and determining the element of risk in the creation of biosimilars-related frameworks;
- Gaps between policy and practice in the actual use and prescription of biosimilars;
- Patient-centric policy vs. cost-containment policy in the field of biosimilars; and
- Biosimilars in Sweden – a case study.
Our panel of expert speakers will discuss these burning issues that are now facing every decision-maker dealing with the field of biosimilars. Speakers include:
- Christofer Fjellner MEP, substitute, European Parliament public health committee;
- Peter Pitts, president and co-founder, Center for Medicine in the Public Interest.;
- Dr Nils Wilking, clinical oncologist, Skåne University Hospital;
- Jörgen Åberg, corporate affairs director, Amgen; and
- Dr Meir Pugatch, director of research, Stockholm Network.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
To RSVP please contact Dr Cristina Palomares, chief operating officer, Stockholm Network on: T +44 20 7354 8888, F: +44 20 7359 8888 or via e-mail on: email@example.com